Laying out the pieces, we took a quick inventory.
And here's the site all prepped and ready for digging!
So we had a few problems at this point. It would seem that the concrete base for the flag pole extended a few extra feet in every direction, making digging a bit tricky.
Luckily the city folks arrived in the nick of time and were ready to lend a hand. They trimmed up some of the concrete anchors I had made, so our holes didn't have to go as deep and then we were good to go!
Then we aligned the anchors to the foot holds, and bolted them in place.
And then we just had to tamp down the dirt in each hole and cover up the evidence.
...even more fun.
But we finally got it in place, and locked it down.
Such as painting the tops of the bolts and nuts to blend in with the rest of the ant.
And there she is, in all her glory!